8 Best Mobile App Development Frameworks
The mobile development industry has seen quite a significant paradigm shift in the last few years, particularly with the entry of businesses and organizations whose apps are often accompanied by a website. These apps are a must in a world where a majority of people use their smartphones almost as though it were a personal computer. Therefore, a mobile app gives businesses a competitive edge to their competitors. Similar to other web frameworks, mobile apps come in a wide range of cross-platform and native mobile frameworks. It can be tricky to pick just one of the options to develop a mobile app, especially considering that each has something different to offer. That’s why we decided to do the legwork for you and compiled this list of 9 best app development frameworks for 2020.
1. Sencha TouchThis framework in combination with Ext JS is designed to enable the development of data-intensive and cross-platform mobile apps. There are more than 115 tested and built-in UI components in Sencha Touch including grid, pivot grid, layouts, and charts.
- Sencha test can be used to improve app quality via end-to-end testing
- You don’t have to download or install anything in order to use ExtReact code
- Comes with rich graphical tools that allow you to design customized app themes
- Sencha Architect offers a time saving drag-and-drop function that eliminates the need for manual coding
- This is an open-source framework which means it has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface
- This framework comes with such fantastic features as Ionic CLI, Cordova Plugins, and Ionic View.
- It’s easy to maintain the code.
- It’s possible to develop the code once and operate it on all supported platforms at the same time.
- This framework is backed by a number of individuals and companies, including Callstack, Expo, Infinite Red, Microsoft, and Software Mansion
- It offers excellent third-party plugin support
- It has a modular architecture that performs superbly
- The framework’s ready to use feature help to fast-track the development process
4. XamarinMicrosoft is responsible for launching and providing Xamarin, a platform that’s based on the Write Once, Run Anytime principle, also known as WORA. It’s backed by a 1.4 million strong developer support base. Using just one shared C# codebase, it’s possible to develop native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows devices alike.
- Xamarin is regularly updated and offers a stable framework
- You can add features straight from forms interfaces and it comes with integrated backend
- The Xamarin framework works 22 times faster compared to hybrid HTML which makes it better than hybrid apps
- This framework also comes with an intuitive and easy development environment.
- It comes with HTML and CSS-based design templates for typography, forms, buttons, and navigation components.
- When back end data changes the app’s UI is updated
- The framework can be used to synchronize and track offline changes effortlessly
6. FlutterThis is yet another open-source framework from Google. It’s written in the Dart language and is useful for developing beautiful and immersive UI for mobile apps, web and desktop applications as well. You get to work with a single code base that’s compatible with Android and iOS devices alike.
- It’s pretty easy to debug the app as you go along, courtesy of Flutter’s active emulator and simulator
- You can use it to easily develop native interfaces through the use of customizable widgets.
- You can use a single codebase to operate your app on all types of devices, thus saving you both time and money.
- Flutter apps offer speeds of 60 fps on average.
- It’s licensed with Apache 2 with very responsive enterprise support
- You can use the Marketplace’s plugins, templates, and free app samples to improve your app’s functionality
- Offers 100% direct access to Native-Script iOS and Android APIs
- Offers beautiful and accessible platform native UI
8. jQuery MobileThis framework offers the opportunity to create single responsible websites and mobile apps that can operate on smartphones, tablets and desktop platforms. This UI system is based on HTML5 and is developed on the jQuery platform which is great for any Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) organizations.
- This is a lightweight and flexible framework with progressive enhancement
- Allows you to effortlessly create themes without writing extra code, thanks to ThemeRoller
- It’s search engine optimized
- Uses text-shadow and box-shadow among other CSS3 properties to offer stunning visuals.
- It’s backed by a strong jQuery Mobile community.
- Lightweight, flexible, and themeable.